My sick chicken

This may be a little unorthodox, but I have a new bottle. I bought it recently for a sick hen, but she passed away before it arrived. If you are ok with it, pm me your address. I could share it with you or if you'd feel more comfortable with it still unsealed I'll do it. Think of it as a good deed of the day and when someone else needs a hand (and you're able) you can give them one.
Share is fine anything you can spare is great. I will Pay It Forward. :eek:)

You can buy Baytril *without* a visit to the vet, it's about $20.

Oral Baytril

Injectable Baytril (can also be given orally)

The dose for the medications above that I use is 0.09ml per pound (9mg per pound) once a day for five days.

Only my peafowl and turkeys turkeys get to go to the vet, and that's usually only if they aren't responding to the drugs I have here.

-Kathy
25.99 plus 12.99 shipping (the lowest) its a little over 40 bucks :eek:( But thanks for looking it up for me much appreciated

This may be a little unorthodox, but I have a new bottle. I bought it recently for a sick hen, but she passed away before it arrived. If you are ok with it, pm me your address. I could share it with you or if you'd feel more comfortable with it still unsealed I'll do it. Think of it as a good deed of the day and when someone else needs a hand (and you're able) you can give them one.
That is very kind of you Bay Bay, This is why I love this forum!

I'm sending it today by this afternoon I should have a tracking number for you.
smile.png
good luck!
You're a Saint!
bow.gif

-Kathy

You all have helped me so much in the past and, lately, the present it's the least I can do for someone else. Just think Kathy, if you wouldn't have helped me find it a few weeks ago I wouldn't have it on hand to share :) Things have a funny way of working out don't they?

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. All of you for your help and kind words. I'll get some new pics up later. I got some VETRX for Peepers (its got a name) last night as it sounded worse than normal. The stuff smells stronger than Vics and it did help it breathe better.

try applying a little pressure to the slit with one finger and areas around the eyes and nostrils and try to "milk out" more pus. This link explains how a vet might a nasal flush:
http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00Man/VeterinaryTechniques/WfowlIndTech/BirdSinus_Flushing.htm

I'm not suggesting that you do a flush/surgery, but you might find some useful info it it.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Hey Kathy just wanted to let you know I pulled the big puss ball out of its eye today and as you said it was huge! I pressed all around and got fluid out too. It took 20 minutes or so to get it loose.
I don't see what eye looks like yet, but I think its eye is dead. Lids are swollen. It is VERY stressed and I'm a little worried. I gave it .75 Baytril with tube. A little more cuz the infection is running out roof of mouth. I had to put her back on heating pad and cover her up for now. Sigh.. I'll keep ya's posted.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom