My son the genius.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
He was always ahead of the game with everything. Walked at 9 months, read easily at 18 months, memorized the entire Bible and can still quote any part of it.

This child spent his years in school barely passing. He would rather yack than study, besides, he knew it all. Every test he aced, but never did the homework. He dropped out in 11th grade. He finally got his GED when he was 19, almost 20 years old. He just got his grades from last semester, his first at a community college.

4.0 GPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
I thought I was gonna pass the hell out.

Quote:
Oh this kid is WAY smarter than me. I guess he just figured out how to use it. He can now get ALL kinds of loans and grants to continue on to ASU after two years, which is what he wants. I am so stinking proud of that kid!!!!

Your son sounds like mine; he drove me crazy when he was in high school. He figured that if he could ace the tests, he didn't need to do the homework. Decided he didn't need anything beyond HS cause he was sooo smart. It took him a couple of years working in the School of Hard Knocks before he decided that he needed more paper to get a good job, so he buckled down and got his associates degree, went to work in IT, and is now planning to go back for the bachelors. My DH taught college for a while and saw many who were there only because mom and dad were paying for it, and they really didn't care and didn't try. You should be very proud of your son; all mom bragging rights are granted to you!

Congrats! I'm sure you are about to burst with pride!

My son was labeled "gifted" in the second grade. As soon as they told him that, he quit applying himself at school. I battled for years. Somehow, he managed to graduate National Honors Society with a 4.0 from high school. A couple of years later he went to his favorite teacher to visit (in his marine uniform). She was extolling the importance of homework to her students and turned to my son and said, "isn't that right, Richard?" He looked down at her (he was 6'3" tall) and with his innocent red-headed, blue-eyed look said, "I don't know, Ms. Myers, I never did any homework and I turned out fine."

God bless our children!

Sometimes the bright ones are hard. My kid has a great memory and uses it to his advantage; therefore he finds any repetition in school work not only boring, but annoying. Homework definitely fits this category, which annoys me.

I'm glad your kid got past the annoying part! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated school from the moment I set foot in kindergarten until I walked out on the last day of my senior year, but I loved going to university. Perhaps it is the same with him.

Back
Top Bottom