My Spoiled Brats On Strike!

1FastFlamingo

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
Brevard County, Florida
lol.png
Well, this was kinda funny to me yesterday... My girls have been used to me spending my mornings wigth them as I give them all the previous days leftovers as treats when I feed them. However yesterday, I had to go to work by sunrise so I only fed them, no treats. Every day we have been getting 7 to 9 eggs daily. So yesterday my girls went on strike! We only got 1 egg! What spoiled brats! Witholding eggs because I couldn`t load them up with scraps and treats! LMAO! Do any of you have girlies that are that spoiled? I want to hear how spoiled your girlies are and the tricks they pull when they don`t get their way please!

Wow. Sounds like your hens are extremely spoiled (in a good way!). Mine are too. They just act very grumpy until we give them something good. But your hens wanted revenge!!!! :O

Mine don't withhold eggs, but they have become so incredibly spoiled about food. They free range most of the day, and have become quite selective about accepting snacks. Leftover meat - yes; leftover veggies - no. Leftover wheat bread - yes, leftover rye bread - no. They are pretty much ignoring their old favorite flock block - and rejected the warm oatmeal I made them when it was cold. They were much more appreciative when they were locked in the run and coop!!

lol.png
Ok, this is just wrong by them! You were right about revenge! This morning, loaded the feed bins, and took out a huge bag of veggies and shredded lettuce. 15 minutes later, already had 4 eggs! I know now to keep the treats rollin`! Can`t wait till I get home in a while to see how many eggs my girlies gave me today! LMAO I love my over-spoiled brats!

My girls will withhold eggs if they don't get to free range. It has happened more than once, so it isn't a coincidence. Unbelievable they get that spoiled.

So that's why the egg numbers are down! Too dark b/f and a/f work to have timme to give snacks. Gave lots of snacks yesterday and today-twice as many eggs?

Quote:
Ya mine are the same way. But my silkie wont lay unless i kick the others out of the run, and half the time one of my leghorns will stand at the run gate to get back in to lay so i have to open the gate for her. They withhold eggs from me all the time. And many eggs but the run gate.

Quote:
I don't think your chickens are on strike. I think they get use to good threat so does not like to eat regular feed to produce egg. My does the same thing so I stop giving them threat often. It kind the annoying when you pickup the chicken and it is so light because they refuse to eat their regular food.

Back
Top Bottom