My story on New Milford NJ Patch

Hey guys if you could go sign the petition mentioned in the article it would be a GREAT help! This family is close to where I live and it is just a matter of time till someone else has a problem. Please help us make a stand in NJ for chicken ownership.

Good luck today! According to the "unscientific" poll that accompanies the article, 93% support you.
smile.png

Let us know what happens...

I went to the meeting today and they said they were unable to discuss the matter due to the impending court case. They did allow me to speak. I presented them with more documentation supporting backyard chickens and the 122 signature petition. I will update next week after I go to court.

In September I received a violation notice because the keeping of poultry is prohibited here. I presented my case to the board of health and in January they denied my request to have the ordinance changed. I was given 45 days to get rid of the chickens. After the 45 days expired I received a summons to apeear in court because I have not removed the chickens. I will not remove them until I have exhausted all of my options.

Back
Top Bottom