My Turkey Sassy's funny bathroom habits

chickndoglover

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Victoria, BC Canada
I thought I would post this funny little story about my pety Turkey she is a Standard BronzeX Narragansett and she is about 3 years old now. She is the only one I have left and she lives with my chickens and Runner Ducks. Last summer she started a funny habit of coming out of her coop in the morning and going straight to the duck pool (which is a child's plastic pool) she climbs right in with both feet and takes her big morning poop right in the water. Now I found this most annoying when I had just filled the pool with clean water so I started waiting until she was up and had already raced across the yard to do it and then I would clean it. She will do it sometimes twice a day. I mentioned this to a few people I know that have turkeys and they all think it is odd. So now I have just re-homed my ducks , so the pool is upside down in the yard with no water, so these last 2 days she runs up to the pool and tries to kick it several times to turn it over, but then gives up and poops beside it and walks away annoyed. Does anyone know what this may be about or is it just a funny habit.? Oh, she never does it in the winter just when she is going broody.

You should provide her with a tiny turkey toilet. Next you can teach her to flush!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom