my upcycled playhouse chicken coops!

I know this is an older post however I have a couple playhouse coop and love them! I do have a couple concerns, one is how did you weather proof the cracks? Also do any of you have ideas for the nesting boxes? I have a couple in there but I would like to raise them and maybe put a curtain over them for privacy. Thanks for in advanced for your help.

I found one of these and have also been looking for ideas. I'm going to use silicone caulk and an empty 35lb tub from Tidy Cat litter with bottom cut out and latch on lid w/ wooden supports for nest in window.

i found both of these playhouses on craigslist for free and got both solid bottom pallets for free. we spray-painted the outer, covered the floor with linoleum flooring, secured the houses to the pallets with "L" bracketts, caulked up any spaces that would leak or allow a draft, inserted 2 roosts, covered the windows with chicken wire and cut out part of the door for the ramp. total cost for each was around $30.00!

How do they get in and out of the 2nd to the right? What do you use as the clean out door? Nesting boxes? I love love love this idea and would love to see more photos

i found both of these playhouses on craigslist for free and got both solid bottom pallets for free. we spray-painted the outer, covered the floor with linoleum flooring, secured the houses to the pallets with "L" bracketts, caulked up any spaces that would leak or allow a draft, inserted 2 roosts, covered the windows with chicken wire and cut out part of the door for the ramp. total cost for each was around $30.00!

I have 2 houses ready that are just like this. I am trying to figure out how they get in or out of the right house. Do you have a clean out door? Where are your nest boxes located? I would so love to see more photos of your work..........I have not painted yet, I have found that the special paint often peels from plastic, has this been your experience. They look so awesome!!!!

Back
Top Bottom