My wife brought these two home from the mercado

Mtwilson

Hatching
May 30, 2015
My wife brought these back from the mercado here in Tarapoto, Peru and I can't figure out what breed they are. Any thoughts?

I kinda figured the laced one might be an EE, too or a Wyandotte mix. The feathering on the head is different than a Wyandotte. Was just fixated on the color pattern. lol

My wife swears that one is a "gallo" a cock and the other is a "gallina" a hen. We are obviously just starting out but I am curious if the mix between them is a good thing or a bad thing. I am not near ready to start breading, bt more curious than anything. Any thoughts on the matter greatly appreciated.

My wife swears that one is a "gallo" a cock and the other is a "gallina" a hen. We are obviously just starting out but I am curious if the mix between them is a good thing or a bad thing. I am not near ready to start breading, bt more curious than anything. Any thoughts on the matter greatly appreciated.
it's not a bad thing. Some will have naked necks, and some will not depending on who has dominate genes, etc. It won't be a problem to breed the two together though. :)

Also, they both look like girls right now to me, but i can't see the turken's head to well, so i am not positive on that one.

The Ameraucana (a.k.a. easter egger) seems to have a comb according to photos on Wikipedia, this bird, however, has a similar "tuft" of feathers on it's head as the naked neck (no comb). Is that because is is still so young? Maybe my photos are just poor quality. I'll go take another.

The Ameraucana (a.k.a. easter egger) seems to have a comb according to photos on Wikipedia, this bird, however, has a similar "tuft" of feathers on it's head as the naked neck (no comb). Is that because is is still so young? Maybe my photos are just poor quality. I'll go take another.
interesting...better pics would be helpful. The ee may be a mix, not an actual ee...did they come from the same place?

Back
Top Bottom