My young chickens are pooping red orange and stringy! Help!

HoneydewTears

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2022
I’m not sure which chickens are pooping like this but it’s either the Easter eggers or the 6 new chicks we took in since they hang around the same area. They both aren’t behaving differently and everyone eats and drinks water, which I change daily.
I’m not sure how long this has been going on since everyone free roams and poop everywhere. I managed to notice this when I was changing their water. They had pooped around the area and it was red, orange and stringy. I want to treat this but I’m not sure what it is or where to start. Could this be worms or some other parasite? I did move it around to see what it was.

Attachments

• 6D3B7F2F-343D-47CA-9A29-02EDDFA77C04.jpeg
    6D3B7F2F-343D-47CA-9A29-02EDDFA77C04.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 69
I’m not sure which chickens are pooping like this but it’s either the Easter eggers or the 6 new chicks we took in since they hang around the same area. They both aren’t behaving differently and everyone eats and drinks water, which I change daily.
I’m not sure how long this has been going on since everyone free roams and poop everywhere. I managed to notice this when I was changing their water. They had pooped around the area and it was red, orange and stringy. I want to treat this but I’m not sure what it is or where to start. Could this be worms or some other parasite? I did move it around to see what it was.
Those are round worms and a lot of intestinal shed.
How old are the birds? Are they molting?

Hi there! Did you ever get an answer as to what this was? I am having a similar discovery with my flock and am a bit worried. Did you wind up treating in any way? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom