My young silkies :D 6-7 weeks

Moorat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
London, UK
These are my first silkies ever and since the day they hatched i knew they were the breed for me, theyre so beautiful
ep.gif
and incredibly kind and docile, When I bought the eggs they were supposedly from show stock silkies but I didnt believe it as buying eggs online you cant expect to get what your paying for but seeing the way theyre turning out im very much convinced
thumbsup.gif

Goldie the lion chicken hehe
48888_74050_1481857648157_1285304120_1068792_7975415_n.jpg

and again, you can see its growing beard
48888_149222_1481857608156_1285304120_1068791_2218424_n.jpg

I couldnt get clear shots on my two whites but theyre basically the same except most of theyre silkie-fur hasnt grown out enough to make them look 'fluffy'. I think goldie might be a male from its behaviour and growth or maybe its just the colour breed I dunno, i'll try to get some piks of my whities

Aww thank you for the comments and compliments everyone
big_smile.png
im very proud of them and its nice to finally know hes a male although it was quite clear now that I think back from when they hatched hes always been the fiesty dominant one
gig.gif
It'll be interesting to see the colour variations between them when they have theyre own babies and i become a grandparent
lau.gif
but I think i might buy more eggs from the same place seeing as theyre pure breeds and I dont want to break theyre colour but for now im just glad theyre still growing up
truth be told im dreading the day theyre gonna go outside to live in the coop my dad helped me build which is ready for them, I enjoy theyre company so much and im scared they'll turn cold to me once they get use to be alone with each other but its gonna have to happen someday
sad.png
im just holding off til then using excuses that the weather is too cold
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom