Mysterious illness

DuckingLost

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2018
I bought chicks from TSC 3 weeks before Mothers Day. They are getting bigger have been moved outside and now I've lost 2 one dead in the coop. One with bubbly eye brought in used vet rx died last night after being in the "coop hospital" not sure what's happening. I don't want to lose all my littles. They are all getting a dose of vet rx this morning hope it clears everyone up. They just seem to be lethargic....still eating and drinking....any ideas?

Wow sorry this sounds serious and no fun! I would normally jump to Coccidiosis but bubbly eye is not a symptom of that. Were there other symptoms? Sneezing/couching? OR Puffed up? I think you're right to go for antibiotics (assuming respiratory, not Cocci.)

I bought chicks from TSC 3 weeks before Mothers Day. They are getting bigger have been moved outside and now I've lost 2 one dead in the coop. One with bubbly eye brought in used vet rx died last night after being in the "coop hospital" not sure what's happening. I don't want to lose all my littles. They are all getting a dose of vet rx this morning hope it clears everyone up. They just seem to be lethargic....still eating and drinking....any ideas?
Photos? Poop, chicks, bubbly eye...

I'd treat for Coccidiosis.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

You moved them outside to where...with an existing flock, next to one?
What's housing like? Ventilation?
Ever had respiratory illness in your existing/previous flock(s)?

Do they have a heat source?

Back
Top Bottom