Naked Neck Breeders near me? SW New Mexico

Paradisewife

Songster
Jul 31, 2022
Off the beaten path here. And not in a particular hurry.

I'd like to introduce Naked necks to my flock, and have been checking out hatcheries, and trying to find breeders. I'm finding that hatcheries have too large a minimum order for chick's, or they're out of stock. I finally have my rooster/hen ratio at a good point and don't really want to add a bunch at this time.

3 would be ideal, a cockerel & a couple of pullets, or even a single rooster.

Practically on the Mexican border, Close to me would be Arizona, the rest of New Mexico, and far west Texas. (That's why I was looking at hatcheries.)

I know what you mean. I'm over here in Arizona. Most of the people that have bought the Naked Neck's have mixed them into other breed's (some to make the showgirl silkies, and other's to make a bigger meat bird that will also lay egg's well). I had a bunch of Naked Neck's before, and my neighbor now own's most of what I had in them. I only have one red Naked Neck hen left here now, and I am currently hatching a couple of her egg's with my Bielefelder rooster to aim for a bigger bird that can also be used as trying to make an auto-sexing Naked Neck in the future project. There's another person that I know of here in AZ. that has some nice Naked Neck's and breed's them that goes by @CaroleW here in BYC.

I know what you mean. I'm over here in Arizona. Most of the people that have bought the Naked Neck's have mixed them into other breed's (some to make the showgirl silkies, and other's to make a bigger meat bird that will also lay egg's well). I had a bunch of Naked Neck's before, and my neighbor now own's most of what I had in them. I only have one red Naked Neck hen left here now, and I am currently hatching a couple of her egg's with my Bielefelder rooster to aim for a bigger bird that can also be used as trying to make an auto-sexing Naked Neck in the future project. There's another person that I know of here in AZ. that has some nice Naked Neck's and breed's them that goes by @CaroleW here in BYC.
Thank you!! There may be a road trip in my future!!

Thank you!! There may be a road trip in my future!!
I have a 1 year old white NN mix rooster hatched from a green egg (both parents from @BlueBaby) that is available now. He's very nice but I have too many roos. I may cross him with a barred bird to see what I get but I haven't done it yet. I'm in Chino Valley near Prescott, sometimes I'm in Mesa.

Wow. Mesa would be close to a 10 hr round trip for us. We have some planning to do.
Carole, I don't think it will be any time really soon, so don't hold up any of your plans for him...
I'll be in touch.

Back
Top Bottom