Naked Necks,Turkens, and more NAKED NECKS Gotta love them.

Pics
Hi guys, Super excited, Will be borrowing my "Sisters, Farther in laws", Grahams, Turken X Polish for a few weeks to hatch some eggs from.

Never seen it but he says it's kind of black so I will be crossing it with my Wc Black Frizzle polish cockerel.

He go it by accident when he bought a polish hen, left her 1-2 weeks with his own polish cockerel and then hatched a load of her eggs
Turned out she had been running with a turken, so when the eggs hatched he was VERY confused when he found a chick with no neck feathers, had never seen a Turken before.

What do you think the crosses from this will be.

50% will be frizzle
what % will be naked neck??
The chicks will be 3/4 polish 1/4 turken.
Thanks, Meredith

Ahhhh what a nice surprise!

You have experience with frizzle, it works/inherits the same(without the problems of Frazzle though).

For parallel:
not frizzled/not naked(does not have the gene)
frizzle/naked neck with big bowtie(more like a bib) both of these have only one copy of the gene frazzle/either completely bare neck or a small bowtie with only a few feathers- both of those are 'pure'(two copies) for the gene.

If you get it, you will realize that bird is like frizzle because it had a non-naked neck mother. So only 50% of the chicks will have naked necks.

a small percentage will be naked necked and frizzled. With a full size polish crest, this combo will look SO COOL.......

Well, it's going to be a very slow process since my naked neck girl is laying every other day, I pair her with my blue rooster both are NaNas so I should get 100% NN chicks

And I do here's the first 2 eggs I set from them
She layed 5 eggs since and they are in the bator

I could never tell on the silkies showgirls

Until they crow or lay eggs, sorry

But it looks pretty naked I like that.

Well somehow I got a few NN's in my order from Nava. I thought they were one of the worst Creation on Gods Green Earth when I saw pic on his profile. Now they are the first ones I look for when I watch chick TV. (Dam You Nava) I hope I have a few pullets now. Oh and I have to build a bigger coop. Just great. Here are a bunch of picks.

This one Always looks at the Meaties!

Sorry there are so any pics.
wink.png

HAHAHA, I promise I was un aware of that, they must have sneaked in the box.

( another one bites the nn dust )

Welcome to the most Beautiful breed.
You are going to really love the splash color.

Back
Top Bottom