Naked Necks,Turkens, and more NAKED NECKS Gotta love them.

Pics
This is Jerry the hen
38198_img_6850.jpg

And today I just hatched out Jerry Junior!!!
celebrate.gif

38198_img_7298.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
love.gif
I can't believe I'm falling in love with these NN

Oh my goodness! That is THE sweetest thing yet.

Are turkens in general relatively the same size as other chickens? Or are they bigger? Not the bantam ones though...obviously they'd be smaller..?

I love turkens! Maybe next year I'll order some from somwhere!

Quote:
love.gif
I can't believe I'm falling in love with these NN

Oh my goodness! That is THE sweetest thing yet.

Are turkens in general relatively the same size as other chickens? Or are they bigger? Not the bantam ones though...obviously they'd be smaller..?

I love turkens! Maybe next year I'll order some from somwhere!

mine are the size of an Orp, and yes that little one is way too cute, makes me fall in love with Turkens all over
love.gif

Here are my 3 Turken x Orpingtons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54924_dsc01794.jpg

hahahahaha couldnt resist nava and el NN .... i think we got the incubator set at the right temp... going to put them in tonight i believe!!! lol

Vcomb, is it a line or something you/someone crossed and bred?

I had a line of naked necked Roundheads. Was a cross then bred back to Roundheads though. Don't have those anymore.. someone gave me a Hennie rooster.. he bred one of my hens and she set.. so there's a clutch of Hennie- NN cross in a pen right now.. spunky little things, have to watch they don't fight!

Quote:
Kev, these are out of a line called Purple Devils. They were developed crossing American Games with Madagascar Naked Necked games. Some of the chicks will come normal feathered. Just ordered these chicks on a whim truthfully, but excited to see how they turn out as they mature. The bloodline was developed by Gonzales Game Farm which I believe is in Cali.

Quote:
My only guess is he must've had some dark skinned birds in the beginning. that mulberry-purple tint. some of the chicks are black downed so maybe they'll have dark skin as they mature. Saw some similar crosses for sale on another site quite awhile ago, if I would've seen them before they sold I would've gotten some. They were Ga Noi and Sears North Briton blend.

Back
Top Bottom