Name That Breed: pale yellow pullet with black flecks

I can 100% confirm they do indeed have pure American Erminettes. Confirmed by Matt Hemmer himself at Smoky Butte Ranch. He downsized and sold off his breeders to Hoovers directly.

Do you know when that happened?

The hatchery may have the breeding stock, but I cannot find any Erminette chicks listed for sale on their website at the present time. I take that to mean that they are not hatching or selling very many of them, although of course they could be raising themself a bigger breeding flock and maybe selling a few chicks in assortments with other breeds.

Do you know when that happened?

The hatchery may have the breeding stock, but I cannot find any Erminette chicks listed for sale on their website at the present time. I take that to mean that they are not hatching or selling very many of them, although of course they could be raising themself a bigger breeding flock and maybe selling a few chicks in assortments with other breeds.
He sold them off last summer in his email to me. They are only selling to farm stores currently until they have more to produce. I was able to obtain 17 pullets now a week old that I will be breeding.

He sold them off last summer in his email to me. They are only selling to farm stores currently until they have more to produce. I was able to obtain 17 pullets now a week old that I will be breeding.

Very interesting. I hope your chicks do well for you!

Since this thread was started in June of last summer, the bird in the first post was probably not an Erminette from Hoovers (timing looks wrong), but it might be good to keep Erminettes in mind when people post puzzling chicks they buy in the future.

Back
Top Bottom