Natural Fly repellent for the coop?

dg14

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 1, 2014
Im sure a lot of you know what to do or have tested chemical free fly repplents around the coop. Any suggestions? living in the sunshine state its basically like living in the desert 10 month of the year. my poor chickens are panting. i have been using electrolytes to make them drink and stay hydrated. havent gotten sick but still i feel so bad cuz theres not even a draft coming around here. and as you can think flies everyone. its inevitable i know. but its just crazy. thanks for your help in advanced!

Im sure a lot of you know what to do or have tested chemical free fly repplents around the coop. Any suggestions? living in the sunshine state its basically like living in the desert 10 month of the year. my poor chickens are panting. i have been using electrolytes to make them drink and stay hydrated. havent gotten sick but still i feel so bad cuz theres not even a draft coming around here. and as you can think flies everyone. its inevitable i know. but its just crazy. thanks for your help in advanced!
I hung those sticky fly strips,you'll never win the battle but at least you can reduce the number of them, I couldn't believe how many were stuck to it.

I've definitely thought of that but im more worried about my chickens getting too ambitious and trying to play with it and end up getting stuck and I go out to check on them and I see that.

Are you in Florida? Can't imagine a that being like a desert, usually humid......
......or maybe the sunshine state is Cali? Which IS much desert.

People in hot climates often use fans to keep some air moving in and around the coop.
If it is really dry where you are, misting systems can help with the heat.

I've definitely thought of that but im more worried about my chickens getting too ambitious and trying to play with it and end up getting stuck and I go out to check on them and I see that.
Put them up high enough, or protected by 1/2" hardware cloth, to keep the chickens from getting at them.

Back
Top Bottom