"Nature Smart" chicken feed...

Costco, of all places, just started carrying here in Reno for $19.99 for 40 lbs. Costco also sells coops in the store now - BYC has gone pretty mainstream!

I use the Organic Nature Smart 16% crumbles in Olathe, CO now going on a year and a half. So far so good. I also use an organic scratch mix (Non GMO) that does not include Soybean in any form. Trying to buy in bulk has been a problem as per bag locally is $28. The Cargill people said a rep would call about bulk purchases. (Not heard from yet)

We've been using NatureSmart organic layer crumbles and the scratch feed as well. -love these!! Our prices aren't so good, though. -bought a 40 lb. bag of crumbles this morning for $38.99. I pay the extra because it seems to work better for us than any other crumbles. -very, very minimal dust. All of the feed is consumed and can easily be scooped up if it spills.

Organic does NOT always mean NON-GMO. Sorry but organic means no pesticides, etc. have been used in the production of a product. GMO can still be considered to be organic, therefore all organic products are not guaranteed non-GMO. Confusing, huh?

Only feed and foods labeled 100% organic.

Feed and foods labeled certified organic is only 95% organic and are usually GMO free.
Feed and food labeled "made with organic" are only 70% organic These products can NOT carry a “USDA organic” label, however their “remaining non-organic ingredients are produced
without prohibited practices, including genetic engineering.”

Back
Top Bottom