Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Hey everyone! I wanted to post this here first for my fellow BYC bird brains before I did Craigslist.

Since I built my giant coop, I no longer need my city bitty coop. I built it for $500 and am selling it for $300. This thing is SOLID! It withstood a seriously ticked off coyote and WON the fight. The door has cosmetic damage from that, but that's all. Perfect for 3-4 normal sized birds. Large nest boxes, my fat orpinington had no problem. Plenty of ventilation. Tie down screws for Nebraska winds included. It must be picked up. I cannot deliver. Trailer needed. It is on wheels. Weighs a LOT. Long ramps for pick up would work , tie down straps a must. I cannot help load it, so bring a friend :). Stop using that cheap balsa wood coop (OR DON"T BUY ONE) from the local farm or online store! Impress your neighbors. :D. I have more photos if you need them.
Feel free to ask questions. 3 foot square not including nest area. 5 feet at point.

I also have a heavy duty oversized, wood nest box. Each cubby is 13.5 inches square (ORPINGTON big with room to spare). PLUS the are taller than square, so the girls have plenty of headroom when the squat. Memory says it is 42 inches long. 18 inches deep including the step bar, and 36 inches tall. It has skids so it is up off the floor OR can be screwed to the wall of the coop. It is sealed with polyurethane. I'm asking $60 for this one. Again. Pick up is necessary, but it isn't so giant that you can move it or haul it with a normal car SUV.

If you need more accurate measurements, just holler :D photo in following post

Hey everyone! I wanted to post this here first for my fellow BYC bird brains before I did Craigslist.

Since I built my giant coop, I no longer need my city bitty coop. I built it for $500 and am selling it for $300. This thing is SOLID! It withstood a seriously ticked off coyote and WON the fight. The door has cosmetic damage from that, but that's all. Perfect for 3-4 normal sized birds. Large nest boxes, my fat orpinington had no problem. Plenty of ventilation. Tie down screws for Nebraska winds included. It must be picked up. I cannot deliver. Trailer needed. It is on wheels. Weighs a LOT. Long ramps for pick up would work , tie down straps a must. I cannot help load it, so bring a friend :). Stop using that cheap balsa wood coop (OR DON"T BUY ONE) from the local farm or online store! Impress your neighbors. :D. I have more photos if you need them.
Feel free to ask questions. 3 foot square not including nest area. 5 feet at point.

I also have a heavy duty oversized, wood nest box. Each cubby is 13.5 inches square (ORPINGTON big with room to spare). PLUS the are taller than square, so the girls have plenty of headroom when the squat. Memory says it is 42 inches long. 18 inches deep including the step bar, and 36 inches tall. It has skids so it is up off the floor OR can be screwed to the wall of the coop. It is sealed with polyurethane. I'm asking $60 for this one. Again. Pick up is necessary, but it isn't so giant that you can move it or haul it with a normal car SUV.

If you need more accurate measurements, just holler :D photo in following post
You should go to facebook Omaha Chicken Talk and post it there. there are about 700 members in the closed group.

I did use a sweeter heater and one heat lamp in my coop this winter.  I live in SW ne. I made sure the heat lamp is hooked up well and cannot be knocked down.  The sweeter heater I placed near the floor because I have some silkies and young silkies that dont go up high to roost.  It also keeps the water inside from freezing.  Not sure if they need it.  I just felt sorry for them in the cold.  They are both hooked to a thermocube that only turns on when it get very cold.  

Where at in SE NE? We are, too!

Brand new to the site, acreage life and chickens (but have been a beekeeper for a few years). Loving it!! Live in Murray (just south of Plattsmouth/Bellevue).

Back
Top Bottom