Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Darn wind breaks! Lol. We cut ours down when we moved here. Neighbors thought I was nuts. My drifts are 5 feet high, theres are like yours. I plowed paths through mine, well around....lol. I just wish this had been moisture laden snow.
I actually love our shelter belt, but you are right, it would be better if it were 10 feet farther north of the house. This wind was awful, a lot of the drifting is just because of the buildings, we've never had drifts in these places before.

SHelter belts are an interesting science. Their usefulness is based on their height, and the wind speed. That is what determines their effectiveness in the dump zone.
Their golden years only last a couple and then they're too tall to work right or hit and age where they up and die and you have to start over as people usually don't think to stagger plant them.
I think they're a bigger waste than anything.

Thanks. I searched a bit more and it appears that chickens are classified as undomesticated animals and nuisances. However they do also have "doggies" on the same list so I'm questioning the person who wrote it. Unless this is a farm animal I've never heard of. 🤔 Mini pigs however are perfectly accepted. So strange.

It's a typo!!! Doggie should be donkey, and burrow is a hole, burro is an ass.

This was just revised in 2022, you'd THINK someone would have caught that.

§ 6-201NONDOMESTICATED ANIMALS; DEFINED.

[Amended 1-18-2022 by Ord. No. 1298]
For the purposes of this Article, "nondomesticated animal" means any horse, bovine, swine, sheep, goat, mule, doggie, burrow, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, guinea, pea fowl, swan or other animal or fowl commonly kept for commercial or agricultural purposes. This section shall not pertain to mini -pigs.

It's a typo!!! Doggie should be donkey, and burrow is a hole, burro is an ass.

This was just revised in 2022, you'd THINK someone would have caught that.

§ 6-201NONDOMESTICATED ANIMALS; DEFINED.
[Amended 1-18-2022 by Ord. No. 1298]
For the purposes of this Article, "nondomesticated animal" means any horse, bovine, swine, sheep, goat, mule, doggie, burrow, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, guinea, pea fowl, swan or other animal or fowl commonly kept for commercial or agricultural purposes. This section shall not pertain to mini -pigs.
So I'd go with NO chickens within the limits of Ralston.

Hello Nebraska

Hello group

I need some help and advice for an abandoned rooster.
Someone dumped their rooster in my yard about a week ago. I have tried calling and posting on everything to find his home/or a new home.
I was told by a petting zoo/rescue that if I posted on Facebook “Omaha chicken talk”, someone would take him right away, but they won’t approve my membership! Ha.
My goal in writing here is praying someone can help me find this lovely guy a safe home.
I live in council bluffs Iowa , which is basically Omaha Nebraska.
Anyone close to me have any advice? Help is needed. Thank you everyone. I’m Kelly by the way ha.

Back
Top Bottom