Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Introducing myself in the Husker thread. I am outside of Ponca, NE, west of Sioux City Ia. I have an assortment of layers and roos in the general pop, my girls have aquired some decent and some less than ideal stock for 4h including a pair of rosecomb RIR's, a single japanese hen, a trio of Phoenix birds, and some white rock bantams evidently. We have some broilers and a mess of everything aside from the RIR's in the incubator now. So, hi to all my fellow huskers.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you have quite the assortment going...
smile.png

I ordered all pullets. I would like to get a rooster or two down the road and hatch a few. I think my girls would love that and learn a little! Right now I just want to get in the swing of it and not have to worry about candling eggs;) My silkie is a straight run, I'm kinda leary about that, I didn't have a choice on that one, also I have a free rare or exotic bird they are throwing in.....I hate to let them in with my hens if they turn out to be roosters.

Quote:
sounds like you are going to have a great start...and I think the pullet route is a fantastic way to do that! If you ever have any questions or anything, don't hesitate to ask
smile.png
If you do end up with some cockerels mixed in you could always set up a bachelor pad for them til you decide what you want to do with them...

Hello. I've been reading BYC for a while and finally decided to become a member so I could ask a few questions. This is our 3rd year with chickens and my husband is addicted! We have about 44 right now with more chicks on the way! We have a bunch of different breeds that all free range together. I love watching them around the yard. We have them for fun and eggs. If anyone knows where we could get some black copper marans fairly cheap, my husband would be thrilled!

Anyone planning on going to the Lexington exotic animal swap? I would love to but its a bit far for me, almost 3 hour drive and it doesnt look like the weather is going to be very nice.

Anyone that goes lemme know how it went. I went to the Saline Center one last weekend and for the most part things went high, high, high.

Any more that are coming up that we know about? I love to go to them!

I just hatched a splash orpington, a blue orpington and a silkie chick this week! The splash has crooked toes tho, have boots on the poor lil guy. These are my first babies from my new rooster! Yayyyy!

Quote:
I wouldn't mind going to the lexington one if it were on a better date. I did go down to the HOAGBA sale in gardner, Ks last weekend and it was the same thing there....things were out of control high at some points.

The only other one besides the lexington one coming up any time soon is the first Palmyra exotic sale of the year on April 9th. I think I might take some stuff down, but I don't think I will probably be able to get off of work to go....
sad.png
I grew up in that sale barn.

There is the Allen nebraska swaps in June I really, really want to make my way to this year. I guess it is a huge event and have had things like camels and etc. And someone said they brought in fair type rides for the kids i guess. I really want to see what it is all about.

Back
Top Bottom