Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
I'm in Omaha. Getting ready to start building. Inspector was out a few weeks ago and have me the ok to build YAY. Planning on 12 chickens. Was going to make the coop 12x10 but found out I need a permit for anything over 75sq ft. So in the interest of money and time I have reluctantly decided to go 9x8. Have to admit I'm a little overwhelmed by what the best way, but yet cheap, way to do everything, ie. Coop, brooder, run, what breeds.......on and on. If your in Omaha and are willing to talk with me please let me know, I'm not really tech savvy and would rather have someone on the phone.
I live in Omaha, 60th and L area......do you belong to "Omaha Chicken Talk" on Facebook.......loads of info for those that live here....

I'm in Columbus. I had egg hens and and broilers years ago but moved out of state and had to give them up. Now that I'm back and purchased a house with a huge back yard I can have a few girls again. I just received my 7 little chicks the other day!

No I'm not but will try and find it. I really stink at technology, may have to wait for my daughter to help me. An update though, I did go ahead and apply for a building permit and should hear in about 10 more days. So now instead of downsizing I'm actually "upsizing" to 12x12 yay.

Good Afternoon Everyone. I live in Fort Calhoun on a small acreage. I have a pair of SC Nankin Bantams that I need to re-home. If you or anyone you know is interested please send me a PM. Hope everyone is enjoying the little bit of spring we have been blessed with. Have a wonderful day.
Nan

Saddle creek and Dodge area. I have 4 barred rocks, and 2 light Brahma's. And i am part of Omaha Chicken Talk. Very great page to follow.

I can't seem to find Omaha chicken talk. I got my first three chicks today, RIR. Barred rocks are coming in tomorrow and buff Orpington and americana next week. I'm doing three of each. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. I can't help but going to check on them every 30 min. I am concerned about one. She seems every listless, she has eaten some but haven't seen her drink and one time she was sleeping on her back, I thought she was dead so now I'm fretting. Oh boy I feel like I just brought my first born home. I really would like to get hooked into Omaha chicken talk, just not sure how. I'm in the 108th and fort area.

Omaha chicken talk is a group on Facebook. It should come up if you go to the search box on your Facebook page.

You might be able to help your chick with some sugar water. And if you haven't seen her drink at all try dipping her beak in the water. I had to do this to my RIR a few weeks ago. It took a couple of tries but you will see her swallow when she does get the water. All of them can have the sugar water for a day or so. Good luck, I hope she makes it for you.

Last edited:
Ok I found Omaha chicken talk with my daughter's help, yay. And the little one that I was worried about seems better this morning. Crafty girl I did dip her beak in the water and she then drank a small amount on her own. Thank you so much for the tip.

Ok I found Omaha chicken talk with my daughter's help, yay. And the little one that I was worried about seems better this morning. Crafty girl I did dip her beak in the water and she then drank a small amount on her own. Thank you so much for the tip.

I am so glad she made it! YAY :)

ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom