Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Roosters need harems. Lonely and..well. ya know. Too much energy. Lol! Which is why he might be starting to get a little agressive. They sell pullets too!

He was supposed to have 10, but i had high losses in the spring. I was planning to wait until next spring to add to my flock, this way I did not have to feed so much over winter. But I would rather keep him, he is a good looking guy. I will think is the over, thanks!

I have a young boy he is two months old now. I am in the city so when he gets a few months older I won't be able to keep him. He is hand held. Nice.

I have a young boy he is two months old now. I am in the city so when he gets a few months older I won't be able to keep him. He is hand held. Nice.

I like my guy and want to give him another chance, he is very handsome. But that would be a great solution. Give me a few weeks to see if I cannot get him to behave.

Hi! My husband and I are in Bellevue and are hoping to start on our first coop soon. We were wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to buy chicks when the time comes.

Hi! My husband and I are in Bellevue and are hoping to start on our first coop soon. We were wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to buy chicks when the time comes.
Quote: Bomgaars, as well. I got mine at the Bomgaars in Plattsmouth ..... ordered 10 pullets, and got 10 pullets......

I'm in Murray, about 15 miles south of you on 75 ...... have and am handy with tools, and enjoyed bulding my chicken tractor (so much so that I'm going to build a better one this summer) ..... if you would like help with your coop, ask.

One pointer I'll give re: building materials: the big box stores (Home Depot, Menards, Lowe's) periodically have a 70% off cart in their building materials section, where the put damaged or warped materials...... often, this stuff is still usable, just does not look great...... last time I was at the Home Depot on L street in Omaha, they had 3 sheets of 1/2" exterior green treated plywood and a bunch of 2x6's ....and I did not have my truck that day .........

oh, and first and foremost, welcome!

2nd, make sure you can have chickens in bellevue
Make sure you check on, and have in writing, what and how many chickens you can have
Can you have roosters?
Do you need a building permit? ( i did)
Do you have to build it a specific distance from your neighbors or property line?
Does your neighborhood allow chickens? Don't guess, have it on paper.

Just tossing it out there. It breaks my heart to see suburban stories of families having to get rid of the birds they have grown attached to.

Back
Top Bottom