Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Anybody ever go to these auctions? I'm curious if they are worth going to.

http://nelsonlivestockauctions.com/

I thought it might be fun to take the kids to and maybe add a couple of new bantam hens to the flock.

I haven't but I know a lady who has bought chickens at one such auction. She swears she'll never do it again as the birds turned out to have all kinds of sicknesses that didn't show up until some time later. They were also riddles with mites. I don't think it was a Nelson auction though.

Chicks.

Those on my wait list. Things just got precarious. The temperature regulator is dying. I've fought for two days to keep the temp up. Lock down was tonight. Hatch is supposed to be friday.

My maran eggs are too dark to candle and the others too dense this time of year (this is when i envy white egg keepers). I can't see anything i need to. Air cells look good and nothing is seeping or smelling. So here's hoping.

I have an order of 10 right at the top of the list. 24 are in lockdown.
From there I'll pm down the list.

Thank you for understanding.

Chicks.

Those on my wait list. Things just got precarious. The temperature regulator is dying. I've fought for two days to keep the temp up. Lock down was tonight. Hatch is supposed to be friday.

My maran eggs are too dark to candle and the others too dense this time of year (this is when i envy white egg keepers). I can't see anything i need to. Air cells look good and nothing is seeping or smelling. So here's hoping.

Thanks for the update @WthrLady , wishing you luck!

Chicks.

Oh my, hope things all go well.
I am on your list for two.
Thank you.

14 of the original 36 are in lock down. 24 were fine until the incubator went nuts last week. All eggscopies showed death at that stage too. Giant grrrr. The remaining 14 are full happy eggs. Crossing fingers. All maran eggs are dead.

So now it is a waiting game to see what hatches from the 14. Will keep you updated.

Ok Nebraskans... if you are selling your eggs from the house to people, do you need an egg number?

I know you do if you sell at farmers markets, fairs, or to food establishments.
I know it's free. But I'll be darned if i can find out how to get one from the nda site! Help!

Back
Top Bottom