Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Quote:
WOW! You do have a zoo! AWESOME!

My hubby sooooooo wants a Sultan. Keep us posted when you get going!

I have to ask..I see many people here with quail....what do you do with them? Are they just pets? Do you eat them? Release them to the wild? I really have no clue, but I love to learn about new things!

Your list of chores is much longer than mine, and I thought I had a lot to do! Hugs to you!

Joann
smile.png

We raise the quail for many different things, mostly just for the sheer fun of it. But we do offer a small number to hunters that are training their dogs. They have special cages that the quail run into so the dogs learn to follow the sent and point at the birds location. The birds however sometimes "escape" and learn to live in the wild. We don't usually release these into the wild just cuz they aren't native, but you can sell the eggs to places, some resturants like the quail eggs. And let me tell you they lay ALOT of eggs.

Quote:
You've got to be sooo busy with all those animals!!!
barnie.gif

I grew up in Lincoln as well!!! My family still lives there too. Near Wesleyan University, I went to Northeast HS.

I went to Lincoln High. My family has moved a couple of times now they live by west A. I love having the animals. I am a licensed Vet Tech here in Nebraska. I am taking a break from the vet clinics to be a stay at home mom. Our "chores" really only take a couple of hours but I spread them out through out the day.

Quote:
Ever run across the Laubys from Darr? My buddy used to own the truck wash right there at Exit 231.

I do know some Laubys. They live south of town. Could be family.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah For now. You keep bringing eggs to my house and soon you won't be able to.
lol.png
Let's hope this "chicken thing" doesn't turn out to be a "chinchilla thing"
wink.png

If so... I'll have a chick-chilla ranch! Funny you should say that, I am bringing over another call duck egg pretty soon...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom