Necrotic tissue?! Any help appreciated!

ChristieDB

Chirping
Mar 17, 2018
Statesboro, Georgia
My 2.5 year old Rhode Island Red got in the way of a little goat stampede on Friday.
appeared to be injured - limping on right leg, not wanting to put weight down, etc... ⁣

After observing for a little bit, and because she’s
favorite girl and he won’t leave her alone, I brought her inside. ⁣

She’s loving the inside life; watching movies, all the attention, spa treatments, cuddles, wattle rubs, etc...⁣

[ 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴— Leisl lost all her chest feathers a couple of months ago.

We regularly clean the coop, preventative treatments for bugs, etc... and give butt baths and de the girls, checking them head to toe. We found no evidence of mites, etc... and no one else had the same thing happening!⁣

I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with her— and her comb stayed red, and she didn’t stop laying, eating, chickening- she seemed to lose weight and her feathers texture changed; but still couldn’t find any reason why. ⁣

I regularly give her supplements, make sure she’s eating the best feed, has everything a henny could want/need! ⁣

Couldn’t figure it out and since she “𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘥” normal, we just kept on keeping on! ]⁣

Back to the goat stampede - she seemed okay other than the limp. The first night she was sitting with me while we watched Jurassic Park and I was running my fingers down her feathers under her wing and also moving her leg on the side she was favoring and I felt something that felt like tiny little pin feathers in a clump... checked and it was/is a huge (silver dollar-ish size) scabby (?) / black spot. ⁣

𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩????????⁣

I have increased her vitamins (including b’s), protein, and put microcynAH on it, did an epsom soak, and am now keeping it wrapped with a drenched gauze pad of the microcyn. It actually looks better today...⁣

𝗕𝗨𝗧 does anyone have any clue what’s going on? Could this be the root of the previous feather/weight loss and feather texture change?⁣ D54A112B-6B6F-4F86-8CB1-1129147D008A.jpeg AC940FF3-4000-4559-BD98-92D146DCD946.jpeg DE82FE42-874E-48E2-8839-3C731F36E275.jpeg 3D9CFDAB-BFF5-4462-B940-869387EE9F64.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom