Need a little help.

shimanole

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2022
My wife and I have decided to raise 2 hens. We live in NE Florida and have a smallish lot and are looking for suggestions for the coop. We have birds of prey in the area and the occasional gray rat but due to loss of old growth trees we haven't seen a raccoon in years. We have a small garden with raised beds on the side of the house where we would like to keep the chickens. Could someone share some plans or recommendations to help us along? Any additional suggestions of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
Would it be possible to get 1 more chicken? Chickens are flock animals and if something happened to one of the hens you would have 1 chicken, and she would be very lonely and you might have trouble getting another hen. Four would be even better. But that is if you can.
Are you planning to build the coop and run?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
Would it be possible to get 1 more chicken? Chickens are flock animals and if something happened to one of the hens you would have 1 chicken, and she would be very lonely and you might have trouble getting another hen. Four would be even better. But that is if you can.
Are you planning to build the coop and run?
I can probably do 3. We plan on treating them like pets so they will get a lot of attention. I have several local sources for chickens but I see your point in having at least 3.

Back
Top Bottom