Need advice for shipping hatching quail eggs

Farmboy101

Songster
6 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Central North Carolina
I plan on shipping hatching quail eggs through the mail soon. I'm located in North Carolina and needed to know if I need to get NPIP certified. Also if anyone has shipped eggs before via the USPS do you guys specifically tell the post office that your mailing eggs or just tell them that the package is fragile?

I plan on shipping hatching quail eggs through the mail soon. I'm located in North Carolina and needed to know if I need to get NPIP certified. Also if anyone has shipped eggs before via the USPS do you guys specifically tell the post office that your mailing eggs or just tell them that the package is fragile?
In order to legally ship hatching eggs through the mail, you must adhere to the rules of your state and the rules of the state that you are shipping the eggs to. This will require you to be NPIP certified. Based on the state that you are shipping to, you may need to provide other certificates as well. If for example you wanted to ship the eggs to Virginia, you need to provide your NPIP information as well as a certificate showing that your flock is free of avian influenza.

Each state has its own requirements.

Yes to NPIP. We got our eggs shipped to us and the original farm notated on the box that they were eggs.
We honestly are going to start NPIP ASAP. I’d rather have it ready to go than have to try to rush it.
Check the website to find out who your contact person is. 😊
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom