Need Advice!

Poppyfrida

In the Brooder
May 31, 2015
Simi Valley, California
Hi. I decided to try incubating eggs for the first time with my preschool class. I got a Rite Farm Product #1200 for my class. The instructions are limited. I really want my eggs to hatch. I know you put them pointy side down but I'm unclear on whether I need to turn my eggs in this. It says"universal egg turner" but for the life of me I can't figure out how it turns. I've had it on for a week and never seen the trays move. If I do it by hand how to I move the eggs if they are pointy side down?

Any help or advice is greatly needed!

Hi. I decided to try incubating eggs for the first time with my preschool class. I got a Rite Farm Product #1200 for my class. The instructions are limited. I really want my eggs to hatch. I know you put them pointy side down but I'm unclear on whether I need to turn my eggs in this. It says"universal egg turner" but for the life of me I can't figure out how it turns. I've had it on for a week and never seen the trays move. If I do it by hand how to I move the eggs if they are pointy side down?

Any help or advice is greatly needed!
The turner if plugged in and working should tilt the eggs up and back to start and then back. Usually the whole process takes 4 hours in the turners w/o manual settings. If you find that the turner is not workiing properly and you hand turn, generally you lay the eggs on the side (many people mark one side with an "x" and one with an "o" and you gently roll them to the opposite side and then next turn rll them back. At least 3xs a day is best, more if able, but I have found 3 times works great. You can also incubate them upright in cutdown cartons and tilt the carton 3 xs a day by puuting something under one side and then switching to the other.

Just a tip: make sure you have your own thermometer/hygrometer in the bator that is checked and accurate and I highly recommended checking the air cell to know when and how to adjust humidity.

and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom