need answers on chicken questions? get nearly all your chicken questions answered right here right n

Pics
Some of my chickens toenails seem to be way to long and some of them turn in toward there toes and it looks painful should I cut there toenails? And if so how do I? :)

You can. Offer them some, like cement or wood, places to scratch and drop their food on it. See if that helps. If it doesn't tip them on their back and take either dog or human toe nail clippers and, if they have light toenails, look to see if you can see the... err.. Forget what its called but it brings blood to their nails. If you can see it clip somewhat close to that but be careful! If you cut too close have flour on hand to stop the bleeding. If they have dark nails cut just a little bit at a time until you see a SMALL bit of blood then stop cutting. Otherwise enjoy your chickies!

I would never recomend more then 2 roosters in one area... They will fight, evem with a bucnh of hens because they will come in contact because they have favorite hens so they will eventully fight. You can 3 roosters in some cases, more even if they grew up together, but otherwise, no.

And are rumpless. If you got them from a hatchery then there EEs. So you have 2 EEs I'd guess, but there beautiful!
they are true araucanas, I did not get them from a hatchery, and I have one rumpless and tufted, and one tailed and clean faced(the breeders first ever)

Hatching chicks in incubator. All Chicks didn't hatch but were fully developed when I broke the eggs. What would cause this?

I've kept chicken's for 5 years and I've noticed that every once in a while they lay rough eggs (the surface of the egg have a blob usually at one end). The blob is 3/5 ml in diameter made of standard egg shell but is rough if you run your finger over it.
Does this cause my girls any discomfort and is there anything I can do to help or provent it.

Thanks
Roy

Hi,

My adolescent chickens are starting to eat the liquidambar leaves that have fallen from our tree. Is this toxic to them?

Hello,

Im creating my coop and lined all the walls with straw. Should I be concerned with this... bugs nesting and other creatures making it their home?

Please advise, I live in South Africa and we are going through a cold winter. During the day it's nice with the sun but nights are freezing. My 1st chickens have started breeding and this morning the 1st baby hedged. I have a coop of the ground outside. With hay, starter mash and water for the chicks. But this 1st one is so tiny, I don't think she is able to get to her food and water. Also I am afraid she'll fall out of the coop. It's got a little ladder. I take mom out 3-4 times a day so she can eat drink and poop. Otherwise she is still in the coop keeping her eggs and 1st chick warm. The rooster is sleeping in the coop as well. Is that o.k.?

Hi

I have a few question. One how can I introduce my sultans in my flock e I tried 3 times and the sultans are two rooster my flocks are 13 hens and one rooster of Americanas breed. Every time I bring the birds in the flock the rooster start fighting. Help! I slowly have try to bring them in about 5 times. I get the same result. Second question is of the hens just started laying her third egg ever three days. I have a total of 3 eggs so far, my question is how do u know when to leave an egg in the nest to have chicks ? Thank you

I have a question .....I bought my first chickens last year they are porcelain ucle's I lost one 2 months ago. She was the only hen that ever went broody. My chickens quit laying around November and have just started laying again but will not sit on the eggs. Yet my rooster will not let me take them I have to get my dad to distract him to empty the nest. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom