Need Answers plz!

Sebrite_97

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
Jacksonville Fl.
Hi I just got an assortment of bantam chicks a month ago and im dying to know the genders. I started with 6 but my dachsund killed 1 and now i have 5
hit.gif
Anyways 4 of them are Cochin and 1 we are not sure but may be a Japanese. My Grandma told me female cochins will have a more strait comb than males and males have their comb with the separate spikes sort of messy and limp or diffrent sized and not strait. upon looking at them all, i can see that my white cochin( There all adolescent ) Has a semi strait comb but has less spikes than all the other cochins. The partridge cochin has a red comb with many spikes and is strait but it is growing quite fast. The buff, and black cochin both have yellow combs and many spikes and are growing at the same rate and are not very tall in there combs. Also I heard that cochin chicks tails grow more upward when there males and strait or downward if they are female. Are there any cochin breeders who have any insight on this? I f any, Plz post it! Also The japanese chick seems like the runt of them all, but acts sorta fisty with the partridge cochin. The Japenese's comb is also growing at an extremely fast rate.

Thanks for any feedback!
Sebrite_97

Hi. Here are those pics i uploaded!

Here is the buff Cochin
40308_byc_003.jpg
40308_byc_006.jpg

Here is the Black Cochin
40308_byc_008.jpg
40308_byc_014.jpg

Here is the White Cochin
40308_byc_017.jpg

Here is the Partridge Cochin
40308_byc_036.jpg
40308_byc_034.jpg

And Finally, Here is the possible Japanese bantam
40308_byc_029.jpg
40308_byc_025.jpg

Plz send ANY AND ALL Feed back!
Thanks
\\ Sebrite_97

how old are they?

age dependant the partridge and maybe black look roosterish, have to wait on age for the japanese (looks like it could be a jap) as it makes a big difference (i have some jap hens with large combs)

in my experiance bantam female cochins feather out much more quickly than the males, the boys looked half bald for months.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom