Need answers quickly please 🙏

Amanda2714

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2022
Hi I got some Easter egger eggs from a lady and I had them in my incubator I turned them then stoped 5 days before hatching. Hatch day was supposed to be February 17. About 2 weeks before hatching I lost power for about 5 hours in that time the eggs got cold I thought they wouldn’t hatch but kept doing everything hoping they would. On the 17 in the afternoon a cute little baby hatched so perfect out of the shell I let her dry off in the incubator the next day she wanted out!!! I looked no other egg was hatching. So I put her in a brooder. Yesterday I saw a egg hatching and she stuck her beak out the egg after a while I saw bubbles and she stoped moving a few hours later no movement she died. And today it happened again this chick got further along in hatching but died also I could see some yellow on beak tonight 😢💔💔please help 2 eggs left not sure what to do. I have hatched before never saw this. Also the one who hatched first was odd she pooped green as soon as she hatched and some wired fibers came off her got all over inside the incubator her dow I'm assuming but she fluffed up nice.

Hi I got some Easter egger eggs from a lady and I had them in my incubator I turned them then stoped 5 days before hatching. Hatch day was supposed to be February 17. About 2 weeks before hatching I lost power for about 5 hours in that time the eggs got cold I thought they wouldn’t hatch but kept doing everything hoping they would. On the 17 in the afternoon a cute little baby hatched so perfect out of the shell I let her dry off in the incubator the next day she wanted out!!! I looked no other egg was hatching. So I put her in a brooder. Yesterday I saw a egg hatching and she stuck her beak out the egg after a while I saw bubbles and she stoped moving a few hours later no movement she died. And today it happened again this chick got further along in hatching but died also I could see some yellow on beak tonight 😢💔💔please help 2 eggs left not sure what to do. I have hatched before never saw this. Also the one who hatched first was odd she pooped green as soon as she hatched and some wired fibers came off her got all over inside the incubator her dow I'm assuming but she fluffed up nice.
What humidity are you at ?

Not sure I just add water to the compartment it doesn’t tell me the level.
I’m not certain but liquid in the egg I'm thinking humidity maybe to high during incubating and hatching
I use a separate hygrometer so I can keep tabs on it
But it could be an issue with the eggs themselves.
Hopefully others can jump in to help

Back
Top Bottom