Need Duck Advice- We lost our beloved duck, Bruno. Need a companion for the girl.

Hello,

We lost our beloved duck, Bruno(Buff Orpington), the other night to a Raccoon attack. We had a bonded pair of male/female ducks, and our beloved boy was unfortunately killed. The female survived. We have 10 hens and 1 rooster, and they all seemingly get along; however, she is extremely sad and depressed since she is the only one in her pen/coop(The duck and chickens free-range together during the day while we are home). I know that it's not good for the ducks to live solo, so we are going to get her more companions. There is someone nearby who has some young Cayuga ducks(Male and Female, together only) for sale nearby. Would 2 girls and 1 drake be okay? Or should I look at getting females only? We aren't looking to breed for additional ducks, if that would be a question that arises.

Our girl is an Indian Runner Duck(8 months old), she is very sweet, but shy.

Thank you for your time.
I hate raccoons. They can squeeze into the smallest space lost a young goose to an attack. I still have my other goose and flock

Back
Top Bottom