need help candeling

saddlebags

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
weatherford Texas
This is my first set of eggs in the incubator. I just tryed to candle at day 8 I have eggs from RIR chickens looked through the brown eggs but didnt see anything no vessels . but when I broke open saw the vessels at the large end of the egg.My question is are these eggs still ok? I thought the vessels were supposed to be in the middle of the egg. Thanks for your help..

Ouch, let them be. Your candler might not be powerful enough to see the embryo though the brown eggs. The vessels will float to the top with the embryo on the egg. This is why you turn it. The embryo does not form in the middle. If the egg is not clear, I say leave it in till day 14. On day 14, you can take things out that you do not see a black spot in.

Pictures are for reference only, it is not what they really look like in all eggs, and all eggs are different.

The rest are fine. Let them go for one more week first.

I agree with Silkie...Let the rest of them be...dark eggs are harder to candle for newbies and see the veins....

i also have two silkie eggs developing. One egg, the viens are roughly at the centre, but the other egg the viens are at the large part of the egg and can be difficult to see but the chick is still developing fine so far so don't worry about it and give it more time.

Back
Top Bottom