Need help!!! Do I need a permit

bama fan

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Rockford, AL
I need to know if i need to have a permit to raise and sell my bobwhite quail in the state of A labama , Ive tried to find it on the web but must not be looking in the right place

Probably, I think just about every state requires permits for bobwhites. Change the title of your post to read 'do I need a permit for bobwhites in AL?' and I'm sure you'll get a better response
smile.png

Here in KY, I only need a permit if I have more than 50 or want to sell (or release) them or their eggs, but why would I have them otherwise? Coturnix don't need one here, so that's why I went with them....but I don't need one for pheasants either, so maybe I'll get some of those?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
More than likly you need a permit. Out here we have 2 types, a hobby permit which allows up to fifty birds total aggregate for quail pheasant n such. then there is a breeder permit so you can buy and sell birds, and eggs etc. Check with your local DNR. If you apply they may come out to inspect your facility, so don`t have any BW`s around when they come to inspect. Ya no wut I meen?

Check out Monarc23's BYC page...

Here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=13329

Scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a list for most states saying if you need a permit for cortunix quail.. I know it isnt The bobwhites that you want to raise.. But on most of them there is a phone number or link to read.. And the number or link is where you may find the info your actually looking for..

Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom