Need help fast!

Allie3513

Chirping
Mar 3, 2015
Arkansas
Need help fast!!
Today is lock down day.. Opened the bator to remove turner and I have a chick hatching!! It's day 18!
What should I do?
I dry hatch.

Raise the humidity and take out the turner. Assuming you mean dry incubate in which humidity is raised above 60% and some like 70%+ when hatching.

Are they bantam eggs? They hatch early. If not then use the same thermometer next time around and mark it as a degree high (maybe more).

Day 18 is when people like to stop turning and raise humidity. It's right on track with your standard eggs, your just a little late on the bantam egg.

How is the bantam doing? Was it able to hatch on it's own or did it get dried out and stuck to the shell? If it hasn't hatched by now I'd assist it assuming it was stuck. Use tweezers and gently pick at the shell, better to get shell from membrane so you know your not grabbing the chick then take off membrane. If water is needed to take off the shell pieces warm the water to 90-95F.

I removed turner. Waited till chick hatched.. Gave it two hours and then removed it and put it under heat lamp. Then added water as though it hadn't happened.
It is doing fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom