need help getting a hovabator up and going

FreeRange Drulie

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 26, 2009
we recently acquired a pair of hovabators (1602n) from a neighbor. my girlfriend and i had great hopes of hatching out some of our own eggs. much to our dismay we plugged in each one and can't seem to get either of them to turn on. the heating coils never seems to get any warmer no matter the position of the screw.
we went out and got a new wafer but i'm not sure that it will help our problem of turing it on. any help would be greatly appreciated. we have read online user guides and searched google but can't seem to figure it out.

Hovabators don't normally die very often, so for both to have the same problem requires some investigating. First of all, do the lights come on? if not, there probably is no power getting to them. if the light comes on they should be heating. Is it possible that the wafer is installed incorrectly? Possibly too tight against the switch? Are they heating at all? maybe you are not giving them enough time to warm up.

when we plug them in and have the screw loose we get no lights.
sad.png
my girlfriend took off the black box thing that the screw/wafer hits and thought that it might be broken. we have tried it in many outlets. would it take more than 5-10 min to heat up to the touch?

does the button on the little black box click when you push it in? Thats what the wafer touches when it expands and shuts the heat off. Maybe it is gummed up and stuck in.

Back
Top Bottom