Need Help ID'ing these Girls

Ang

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
West Central Illinois
I bought a brown egg layer assortment from McMurray's about 6 months ago. I still have a few that are stumping me as far as breeds go. I appreciate any and all help!

White Rock?
2175577682_ddfa3bbfa2.jpg

????
2174786553_bf3a2ea5fa.jpg

Dark Cornish?
2175577132_71d26f60b4.jpg

????
2174785939_2e867a2750.jpg

If you need different pictures, just let me know. Thanks for you help!

White Rock
Bad colored Rhode Island Red or a production red or a red sex link?
Barnvelder?
Easter Egger

Just my guesses. I am sure someone will come along with better suggestions.

Good Luck, They sure are pretty.

Last edited:
I bought the same thing...
and i have no idea what any of them are sorry..
all my birds that look like the 2nd pic are the coolest.

= ( sorry i couldnt help

You really think the last one is a black sex-link? I have a black sex-link and she looks nothing like that. On the other hand, I don't have a clue what else she could be.

Quote:
I think so. The legs are the wrong color for A LOT of other breeds, and given Mc Murray's available stock, it seems black sexlink is the most likely. I agree she is slightly off color (too much gold, different body style than the ones I have) but the crosses used can vary, and still be called the same thing. Unless they are trying to create their own variety (Ideal does this) and haven't named it yet, I would vote black sexlink.

Quote:
I think so. The legs are the wrong color for A LOT of other breeds, and given Mc Murray's available stock, it seems black sexlink is the most likely. I agree she is slightly off color (too much gold, different body style than the ones I have) but the crosses used can vary, and still be called the same thing. Unless they are trying to create their own variety (Ideal does this) and haven't named it yet, I would vote black sexlink.

I have to agree. She is just an odd one. This has been an interesting adventure trying to figure out what breeds I have! I want to start a new flock this spring with only breeds that I want. I had to reorder so late in the season last year that I had to take the mix. So now I am trying to figure out where I can house another 25 hens.

Back
Top Bottom