Need Help On Intorducing 2 Diff Sets Of Chicks!!! Plz Help!!!

Keni*Sue

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Campobello
i have just gotten 2 chicks from a friend that couldnt keep them and i have 3 chicks that are the same age and i need to put them together but i am worried about what might happen. will they try to kill each other? what should i do to PROPERLY introduce the 2 sets of chicks, because i dont want to have any of them hurt or killed ESPECIALLY the one that i hatched out. in the 3 that were mine: one that im positive thats a roo(big red comb, waddles, trying to crow already, and all around pretty cocky) then theres is one that i am sure is a hen and the other im not to sure of what it is yet(its a little cocky itself). and in the 2 that was givin to me one looks like its a roo and the other looks like it will be a hen. could someone please help me on what to do and how to properly do it?!?

Last edited:
Whenever I want to introduce two different groups I try to do it on neutral territory. Put both groups together in a new box/run whatever depending on how big they are, with plenty of space. Withhold feed for a little while, like take the feed out at night and do it first thing in the morning. That way they are wanting to eat, none of them have a previous claim on the territory, and they will want to eat first. After they are accustomed to each other, it will be easier to put them back into whatever run you want them to be in. This works better the younger they are.

Back
Top Bottom