need help starting out on an incubator

capt Howdy ccg

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
my question is I'm getting two to three eggs a day now but what do I do with my eggs do I leave them out till I get enough or do I put them straight in the incubator I know this is probably a newbie question and asked a lot but I've tried searching and can't find anything

my question is I'm getting two to three eggs a day now but what do I do with my eggs do I leave them out till I get enough or do I put them straight in the incubator I know this is probably a newbie question and asked a lot but I've tried searching and can't find anything
You collect the amount you want, most people store them in egg cartons (50-60 degrees F) is best from my understanding, and use a small board or book to stick under one side to tilt and then move it back to the other side to tilt (so that they are "turned"). Most people will only collect eggs for a week. It is recommended under 10 days. Once you have the amount you want then you set them all together on the same day so you are not dealing with staggered hatches.

A non drafty basement, the back of a cupboard in the kitchen, a closet? Just anywhere that is cooler rather than warmer and as constant a temp as possible.

Back
Top Bottom