Need help - Whats wrong with my little hen ?

druannie1

Hatching
Apr 26, 2016
As much as I've tried to research , and find out what is wrong with my little bantam hen, Bella... So much information out there it could be numerous things. I realize this is some sort of respiratory infection.
She started out last week with a limp. No sign of anything obvious. She must have a broken leg. 3 days later she started looking like this, eyes swollen and a little puffy. Very swollen at the roof of her "mouth". She does not eat or drink. I am spoon watering her with electrolytes. She seems to like that. I have been treating her with Vetrx for a few days. I just started seeing tiny little ,black spots her comb, but i really have to look with my glasses to see them. Could this be Wet pox ? or a simple sinus infection ?
No avian vets around here. It was suggested by a distant Facebook friend to start her on Tyvan200 immediately. I cannot find that around here. I picked up Noromycin 300 today and gave her 1/4 cc. as she is a very small hen. Am I doing the right thing ?
We have 10 other chickens who all seem to be very healthy. Is there hope for her ?
Of course I am keeping her away from the rest of the flock in a small cage and keeping an eye on her. Any help would be appreciated. I've read so many things, my mind spins and just feel lost.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom