Need HELP with a Turkey Health issue!!!

Yes..bought 2 bronze turkeys last year and thought I was getting a male and female..but ended up with two girls..one of which has stopped walking and I have her separated, in a box because she couldn't balance any more.. Have the other female in with my chickens but think I should cut her loose to free range with my peacocks.  Have always fed my chickens and all layer pellets and bread sometimes so I think the fault is mine..The girls are soooo big.. Had no idea that there was a difference in turkeys..My last two lived for 9 years and were better watch dogs than my german shepherd.  I don't know if put on a diet my female will recover...any response would be appreciated..

I have 7 month old bantams Nankins. And I have a hen that fits the exact discripthing you just described. The only things in she drinks also. She has been like this for a little over a week. I gave moved here into my house kitchen to watch here. She has no meet on here bones. I put here back on chick starter, hoping the antibiotic will help.
Please help in any sugestions. These are my first chickens in 35 years

Hey guys - I'm running into the same issue with my turkey.
I unfortunately did not do my research prior to purchasing our Tom and is no longer able to walk -- as someone posted they are really meant for meat production.

What is a humane way to kill my turkey?

It's a hard decision but I can tell he is really suffering.

Back
Top Bottom