Need help with chick!

CrazyChicken360

Songster
Aug 16, 2020
Mass.
Today I was checking on my month old chicks and found one not moving much and I picked her up and found I think maybe a prolapse?
IMG_0673.jpeg
IMG_0675.jpeg
IMG_0674.jpeg

I tried to clean it as much as I can. Is there anything I can do to help her?

Last edited:
Yes, that's a prolapse.
Try to get her bottom and the prolapse clean as much as you can, with warm soapy water. Get all the droppings off. Then get another picture so we can see it more easily on how it looks.
After cleaning her up, make sure to keep the tissue moist with a cream, honey, ect. Always keep the tissue moist, don't let it dry out.

Got it cleaned a little more, she was in with the other chicks last night since I didn’t know she had a prolapse and I think some of the chicks pecked at it a little. There is no major cuts, so she’s not bleeding anywhere.
IMG_0678.jpeg

Got it cleaned a little more, she was in with the other chicks last night since I didn’t know she had a prolapse and I think some of the chicks pecked at it a little. There is no major cuts, so she’s not bleeding anywhere.View attachment 3657385
Make sure to keep her separated from all the others.
Keep the tissue moist.
Try pushing the prolapse back in and see how it goes.

That is a pretty large prolapse for a young month old chick. Keep her separated, clean, and keep honey or ointment on the prolapse tissue as long as it is outside the body. Is she pooping?
She is trying to poop but not much is coming out. I have separated her from the rest of the chicks, should I keep food and water with her? How much honey should I apply and how often?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom