Need help with Corid dosage

I just now found this post from several days ago! The following is what Dawg53 gave me as instructions for the Corid I had:

Corid 20% soluable powder dosage is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Dont mix anything else into the corid/water solution.

I hope it's not too late and that would be if you got the help you needed from someone else.

This is what Chickens are Sweet gave me and it worked like a charm.

Corid 9.6% solution- that's the right stuff.

Take 9.5 ml and put it in a gallon of water. Mix it, and give that to them as their only water. Change solution daily. Give for 5 days. Repeat course if coccidiosis signs come back (have had to do this myself).
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/86975/corid-dosing
see pips and peeps post #2 on this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/434486/dosage-for-corid-9-6-oral-solution
here's another (post #2 in this thread)

I gave you the threads above as corroboration of the dosage I am mentioning. I have given this dose myself and had excellent results. Death can occur within 24 hours so don't delay treatment.

Can I give this to 3 day old chicks.
3 day to two week olds all in same brooder. The new order had blood in stool. I was at work and someone else put new order in there.
Going to town to get corid will check thread when I get back.

Can I give this to 3 day old chicks.
3 day to two week olds all in same brooder. The new order had blood in stool. I was at work and someone else put new order in there.
Going to town to get corid will check thread when I get back.

Yes, it's chicks that are the most vulnerable although I have since learned they can get coccidiosis at any age. Give it to all of them in their water according to the correct dosing instructions. You may have to very carefully dropper feed (without forcing the fluid in her little beak) . I would just put on teeny drop at a time on top of the beek or a the side and she would go for it. Eventually I made a small "puddle the size of dime in the crook of my arm and she would drink..but not right away.

NO electrolyte and NO vitamins as the Corid is a thiamine blocker ( one of the B vitamins ) The protozoa of coccidiosis depend on thiamine to stay alive so........just their normal food and the "Corid" water. Altough I did make a mash of their crumbles with the Corid water on day 2 or 3 to make sure they were all getting enough of the med.

Be careful with the prep.
I kept mine in the fridge and kept using that til I need to make a new batch.

ok they have been on corid for 3 days now and looking much better !! A BIG thank you everyone who helped
smile.png

Oh good.....you did get the help! Isn't Corid just amazing! Looks like pigeonguy is going to nip this thing in the bud with his whole little crew.

Back
Top Bottom