Need Help With Serama Colors ( LOTS OF PICS)

mrszlopez

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Jackson,NJ
I was wondering exactly what the correct terminology for my girls (&boys) colors are. They are all Seramas.

10-2.jpg

(I know ive got a barred color in there)

9-4.jpg

8-3.jpg

7-2.jpg

6-5.jpg

5-5.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-6.jpg

2-8.jpg

You have some very non-standard colors. The one male looks birchen and one of the hens looks wheaton. Pics aren't taken at an easy angle to make a determination. You have some odd leg colors as well. Are you sure they are purebred and not a mix of Old English?

I've never owned them before so i wasnt sure what they were. The man said they were all Seramas. I got all of them for $25 - there are 14 hens & 2 roosters. They lay A LOT of eggs & are extremely broody.
They came from craigslist.. in my area. How can i tell what they exactly are ? They are pretty skittish also. Cant even barely get near them.

they look like OEGB/SERAMA mixes but tey are verry pritty and at only 25$ for them all you know they are not true seramas but still a verry good deal for that manny battams that are laying
thumbsup.gif

i agree ! definitely a great find for me. and 5 of them are broody ! i thought they would pull out of it after the stress of the move, but theyre still trying to sit
clap.gif

& theyre still in quarantine ..

When i first got in to the serama I had a man sell me a hen off craigslist as a pullet, she was sitting in the cage when i went to pick her up and she was sitting when i got her home. I put her in her pen and
ep.gif
She was a hen modern game bantam!!! that is a chicken on stilts for those who do not know!!! i guess if it is a small chicken, I was blinded, she is adorable, Moma modern is her name, she is actually a very nice bird, i got her a MGB rooster, and they are happy together. I kinda felt like a goober after reading the serama standard again and then looking at my bird!!

I was going to ask what happened first off to their poor combs??? Seramas typically have combs. I don't know of them being cut off. Some look a little like a serama mix. But others like other members posted are some game bantams. Those are long legs!
smile.png
I'd have gotten then to for that price! Pretty birds!

Quote:
Their combs are quite different lol. but i dont believe theyre cut. Just a little mis-shapen. I definitely dont mind the $25 i paid for them esp since i've gotten 5 eggs in the last two days !! there are 14 hens, so if they lay one a day ill have 14 eggs a day
celebrate.gif

Time to rev the incubator up !!!

Back
Top Bottom