Need help with two things...

ChickPrincess

Songster
7 Years
Jul 6, 2012
Canandaigua NY
Two things that I have discovered and I need to know what to do.
I noticed one of my producers making a sound like a sneeze the other day. Kind of sounds like an internal sneeze if that makes sense. I've just been watching her for a couple days. She was just doing it again, so I picked her up to check her closer. I don't see any discharge and her eyes look clear. But, while I was checking her eyes I discovered a tiny bug right next to her eye. So small I almost didn't see it... too small to see anything but a dot, but it was definitely moving. Yuck. It was a pale yellow. I was planning on treating with Eprinex, which I was going to do anyway as a preventative. How often do I need to treat to get rid of whatever it is and to continue to prevent? Monthly? Twice a year? I can continue to eat the eggs with that product, right?
What should I do about her sneezing? She is not acting sick at all.

Don't know about the bugs and the meds you plan to use.I just have sevin and flea tick drops/spray that I can use. for any bugs.

For the sneezing I seperated my hens,but they also had some rattle and mucus.I gave antibios and kept them in the playpen in the garage.Sounds like yours just might be sneezing from the shaving dust. I do get the occasional sneeze and watch close for other issues.Your call on sperating.

Maybe add some kefir and/or vitamin powder to their diet.

Don't know about the bugs and the meds you plan to use.I just have sevin and flea tick drops/spray that I can use. for any bugs.

For the sneezing I seperated my hens,but they also had some rattle and mucus.I gave antibios and kept them in the playpen in the garage.Sounds like yours just might be sneezing from the shaving dust. I do get the occasional sneeze and watch close for other issues.Your call on sperating.

Maybe add some kefir and/or vitamin powder to their diet.

That's what I was thinking for the sneezing. I have put DE in everything, including their crumble. Maybe she's inhaling some.
I picked up some garden and poultry dust with permethrin for the bugs. That should do it. I have only seen the one tiny bug, so I must have nipped it before it became too bad.

Back
Top Bottom