Need help

ramblingrose

Songster
6 Years
Jul 18, 2017
I have 20 hens they are about 5 to 6 months old I just bought a barred rock rooster to match my hens from a lady to had him with her chickens my question is how long do I keep them penned up before I can let them out to scratch for bugs?

I have 20 hens they are about 5 to 6 months old I just bought a barred rock rooster to match my hens from a lady to had him with her chickens my question is how long do I keep them penned up before I can let them out to scratch for bugs?

How old is the rooster?
Where is he now in relation to the pullets?
Are the pullets laying?
How long have you had him?
Do you free range or are your pullets kept in a run, and if in a run, what size is it?
I'll assume that your coop is large enough for one more bird.

I would leave him a couple of days, until the hens seem like they like him. I am assuming that you have let your hens out before this. He will stick with them, and they will know where to go.

Where are you getting bugs this time of year?

Mrs K

He is the same age as my hens. MY hens hasn't started this yet. I had him for about 24 hrs and the hens took to him not long after I put him in there. And for the bugs I live in florida.

I would leave him a couple of days, until the hens seem like they like him. I am assuming that you have let your hens out before this. He will stick with them, and they will know where to go.

Where are you getting bugs this time of year?

Mrs K
I live in florida lol

Back
Top Bottom