Need help

bocogirl

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 29, 2013
This egg pipped last night (day 19) and this is as far as he's made it. I can't tell if the membrane is drying out or if its just taking a long time for this one. I don't know if I should wet the membrane any or leave it alone tonight too. Please any advise would be great.

well hun, it looks good to me. just wrap that moist towel all around it. you have enough shell off for it to finish and it looks ready. it also looks pretty dry. however you get it wet towel, finger , just keep the water away from the nose. its not going to hurt the chick to get wet. as long as it can breath. so drop some water around the edges of the shell on the membrane ,away from the beak and then wrap it in the wet towel leaving it loose and off the nose and give it a bit. it will come the rest of the way on its own.

Does it look like the membrane is drying?? It's been trying since last night and that is as far as its made it

theres an air hole I just can't tell if its too big to rotate or if the membrane is drying out too much for it to zip. It's had it's beak towards the same hole the whole time

Back
Top Bottom