Need more food, should it be crumbles again?

KimbosKluckers

Songster
Mar 11, 2024
White Mountains of Arizona
My chicks are 10 weeks old and I have about 5-6 days worth of their crumbles left. When it’s time I plan to feed all flock and oyster shells. Obviously they’re not laying yet. Should I buy all flock now or another bag of crumbles? Thanks!

My chicks are 10 weeks old and I have about 5-6 days worth of their crumbles left. When it’s time I plan to feed all flock and oyster shells. Obviously they’re not laying yet. Should I buy all flock now or another bag of crumbles? Thanks!
All flock is fine at ten weeks old. Just bear in mind that when it looks like they are about to lay eggs you'll need to provide extra calcium, preferably a week before they lay.

You can feed all flock or flock raiser pellets if you prefer, they're plenty old to eat them. The only difference between pellets and crumbles is the texture, some people like myself just prefer pellets 'cause the girls don't make quite as much of a mess with them

You can feed all flock or flock raiser pellets if you prefer, they're plenty old to eat them. The only difference between pellets and crumbles is the texture, some people like myself just prefer pellets 'cause the girls don't make quite as much of a mess with them
Less mess is always good. Thank you. Also I assume you don’t need to mix new food with old for awhile like you would a dog or cat?

No, but if you're introducing pellets, i mix it with some of their crumbles so they'll get curious and eat it. It's not required, but it might help a bit

What is the name brand of the feed that you currently are feeding??
Most chick feeds and all flock type feeds of the same brand name are basically the exact same feed.
Compare the two labels and you'll see.
I can’t remember. I put it in a pail when I bought it. Oops. Thanks.
No, but if you're introducing pellets, i mix it with some of their crumbles so they'll get curious and eat it. It's not required, but it might help a bit
Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom