Need More Help (Perhaps Hand Holding) with my Duck Eggs - Day 27

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :hugs Don't beat yourself up about it. We all make mistakes and learn something each time.

Can you take a picture of the Ancona egg? Is its bill inside the air cell?
Thank you so much for this! Yes, After last night’s advice, I quickly took the egg into the warm sauna, (really nice to have for this!) tried to poke a tiny hole in the bruise area, but it was firm, and I couldn’t bring myself to risk more pressure.when I candled, I saw she was indeed into the air sac and was greatly relieved. I helped widen the safety hole just a little between its location and where she had pipped. Right as I was holding the egg, she broke through the gap! I felt better then.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 4
Something Wonderful has happened after the Sadness!

Meet #10! We’ve named him/her “Tennant” after the 10th Doctor of Dr. Who, who was the last of his kind. (Or that is what I understood). Tennant is the only survivor now of my first incubating efforts. Ten is currently resting on my chest, bright and curious, though weary from the battle.

I know you are supposed to have just one duckling. And I do have more duck eggs incubating, but they’ve got 15 days to go. What should I do? Immediately order myself two more live ducklings? Wait?

Please help me raise this precious little one properly. What’s your favorite peice of advice?

Thank you so much for your knowledge, help and understanding.

PS. Check out Tennant’s cool striped feet!
That's awesome! What a beautiful duckling, and I love those Ancona feet ❤️.

Maybe check Craigslist, local breeders, or local farm Facebook groups for another duckling? You'll be shocked at the size difference between little Tennant and your new ducklings in 15 days.

Back
Top Bottom