Need SERIOUSE lock down help please

well my batch is in lock down so I am looking for 60+% and I just cannot get and keep it. I have more things containing/holding water in the incubator space wise than I have eggs at this point

The other batch with the Hovabator is holding at 60% with just water in the wells

Is the lid on securely? Are you getting more ventilation up top than you need?

I have the "red vent tops" as well. My inc instructions say that they are used to regulate temp. I have had mine out entire time. And it says if humidity bouncing, too much water... Im new to this too.

I hatched hundreds of Button quail from a Hovabator back in the 80's. I am new to chicken eggs but not to hatching. This Little giant I am using for hatching batch #1 seems to be the problem
My Hovabator with batch #2 in it is stable

well my batch is in lock down so I am looking for 60+% and I just cannot get and keep it. I have more things containing/holding water in the incubator space wise than I have eggs at this point

The other batch with the Hovabator is holding at 60% with just water in the wells

That is so frustrating! I have the octagon 20 and I like my humidity 75% at hatch time and I struggle like crazy to get it above 65%.

Well day 22 and not a pip in site but been holding at 70% since yesterday. Fingers crossed

:fl

well I final have the darn thing stable at 64% ALL I did different was take the paper towel out the eggs were sitting on

But now we are 24 hours overdue. I have never hatched chicken eggs just Button quail. They were right on time- hatched at some point the day they were due and only very rarely 1 day early/late

Back
Top Bottom