Need some advice(really don't want to cull)

GetClucking

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2015
Goldendale, WA
Hi everyone
I'm looking for some help other than hearing "just put it in the stew pot" We are so close to our girls and boy.
We have a 1 year old Rooster who seems to have gotten quite aggressive, we have raised him from a day old and he has been fine up until about 2 months ago. We have tried to give him space and tried not to have an aggressive stance but to no avail. Any other suggestions or are we being silly.

Thank you in advance for any help

-Fiona

Well it happens when they get older there is really nothing you would be able to do i would just try a bit longer and see what happens

Rooster behavior is a very complex issue because it involves, not just the rooster's behavior, but yours, too.

You need to ask yourself what is it about my behavior that sets him off.

In my case, my own sudden, abrupt movements were setting off my rooster's aggression. Once I began to carefully control my own behavior, my rooster's behavior improved.

Another thing that will cause a young rooster to be aggressive is if you insist on interacting with him and handling him when he doesn't wish it. If you can ignore the rooster as much as you can, it can really help.

Here is a pretty helpful and interesting thread I would recommend: The Complete Life Cycle of a (Mostly) Happy Rooster, that is written by Daisy8s. Type the title in the search bar.

Yeah, not fun when their hormones kick in ... we really like our rooster too. Good luck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom